The best country sayings take truths found in life and add a little twist. Here are a few more I came across while doing research for This New Mountain (see my first list of ten favorites here).
- It’s been hotter than a goat’s butt in a pepper patch.
- Letting the cat out of the bag is a whole lot easier than getting her back in.
- I’ll slap you naked and hide your clothes.
- It’s better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.
- Never ask a barber if you need a haircut.
- A man who straddles the fence gets a sore crotch.
- That child could tear the hind end out of a skunk.
- The quickest way to double your money is to fold it over.
- Never drink downstream from your horse.
And last, I think this is one a lot of people can relate to:
10. I’m busier than a cat covering crap on a marble floor.