I checked my to-do list last week and tried to decide how to get everything done that needs doing this summer. I came to the quick conclusion that I need to take my annual break from blogging a bit early this year.
Besides twice-a-week conditioning hikes (building up to six hours a day) for a Scotland hiking vacation in late summer, here are a few things I
hope plan to accomplish during the break:
- redesign the book cover for This New Mountain
- start on the second draft of my fantasy novel The Last Bonekeeper
- finish a short story collection for publication
- enter a handful of contests
- dive into webmaster duties for SouthWest Writers
- spend two or more days a week with my granddaughter (fun times!)
- take several weekend holidays around the state of New Mexico (go to my Pinterest board to see some of the neat places I hope to visit/revisit with my husband)
- prep two bedrooms for upcoming family visits (I’m sure you’ve heard of junk drawers – these are junk rooms)
I’ll be posting off-and-on in the next few months, especially if I have a finished book cover to share. Have a great summer!
So how about you? Are you planning a crazy summer this year or hoping for a real break?
Image “Little Girl” courtesy of Naypong / FreeDigitalPhotos.net